The digital stores artwork guidelines do not allow the attributes listed below:
- Website URL
- Social network symbols or information (i.e., Facebook links, Twitter handles, etc).
- Contact information (i.e., email addresses, phone number).
- Pornographic images
- Pricing information
- Copyrighted images
- Scan of a CD (it must be retail-ready artwork).
- UPC barcodes
- Tribute albums where the original artist name is as large as or larger than the performing artist
- The cover art refers to physical or digital versions of the album (i.e., CD, Disc, Digital Exclusive, Digital Version, etc).
- The cover image is blurry, pixilated or has other quality issues
- The cover art promises content that the album doesn't contain (i.e., "includes DVD", "includes free stickers", etc).
- The cover art up-sells to another product (i.e., merch, other albums by same artist, etc).
- The cover art claims to be an exclusive of one of the digital stores without their permission (i.e., iTunes™ Exclusive, Only on Amazon MP3, etc).